building from source with libc++

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 19:34:32 UTC 2017

> I'm currently fighting with cross-compiling (for i386 and ppc) on 10.6
> and usually setting CC="gcc -arch ppc" is a much safer recipe that
> making sure that the software consistently switches to obeying CFLAGS.

I had mentioned a while back that I came across a project to bring Apple’s gcc -arch support to newer versions of gcc.

I found that again. I haven’t tried it myself, but it appears to bring Apple’s gcc42 enhancements to newer gcc versions that support cxx11 and might be of use to you.

It’s here: https://github.com/devernay/macportsGCCfixup <https://github.com/devernay/macportsGCCfixup>

Ken