wxPython

Ulrich Wienands wienands at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 18:42:59 UTC 2017

I am trying to get wxPython to work.

I successfully installed Python-3.6 and (I think) wxWidgets 3.0 and (I think) py-wxPython-3.0. (by "I think" I am saying that MacPorts says it was successfull). Running a trivial test program I copied form the Web (wxPython tutorial on zetcode.com <http://zetcode.com/>) it bombs' I think because it never finds wx when running import wx. I am saying"I think" as the error message is not informative.

I also downloaded and installed tkinter and that worked. However, I at lreast want to try wxWidgets as well.

Anyway, amongst the myriads of differentoptions I am stuck here. I don't really know whether this is a MacPorts problem, please let m e know.

Thanks,

Uli