wxPython

Ulrich Wienands wienands at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 03:11:51 UTC 2017

Many thanks. It looks like I should stay with tkinter, then. It seems to work (with Python 3.6) even if I need X11 to use it.

I am new to Python so Python 2 or 3 is not critical in the sense of maintaining older code; but from what I have seen around the web it looks like Python 3 finally has become enough mainstream that I should start with it rather than Python 2. I need things like numPy et al., and there are versions that work with Python 3.6 on MacPorts so that is what is presently installing on my machine.

Let me take the opportunity to thank the MacPorts team for providing so many binary files. I am presently setting up a new machine and I am delighted to see how efficient MacPorts has become. The increased speed helps; but I also find I am running into many less problem than I used to. A big thumbs-up!

Uli