Looking for ideas

William H. Magill magill at mac.com
Mon Dec 11 17:54:12 UTC 2017

Now retired, I have inherited a “problem” at my CCRC.

I’m running on a Mac with OSX 13.2, Macports, Apache 2.4.x

I have multiple incoming emails — 4 at the moment

Which I wish to automagically convert to blog posts under Apache.

This is easy enough to do manually — although some of the posts contain basically either PDF files or .doc files as their content.

The PDF files are pretty trivial — I just save them with a date-time name in the index and let folks browsers display them

The .doc and text files require another step — namely saving (printing) them as a PDF file first.

Conceptually, there are not a lot of steps involved.

What I don’t know is what tools to use to automate this.
Sadly, I have never used Apple’s Automator, and don’t even know if it still exists, let alone if it would be the tool to use.

I also have no idea what mailing lists or websites now exist for such queries.
Since I retired in 2006, those that I relied upon while working are long-gone.
Sadly, I’m living in a Windows world on the official side and an IOS or Android world with fellow residents!

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill
# iMac11,3 Core i7 [2.93GHz - 8 GB 1067MHz] OS X 10.13.2
# Macmini6,1 Intel Core i5 [2.5 Ghz - 4GB 1600MHz] OS X 10.13.2
# MacPro5,1 Quad-Core Intel Xeon [2.8 GHz - 16 GB 1066 MHz] OSX 10.13.2
magill at icloud.com
magill at mac.com
whmagill at gmail.com