Lynx port crash

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 26 17:16:17 UTC 2017

On Dec 26, 2017, at 04:12, rmgls wrote:

> sorry, my english is not very concease, but here is how to reproduce:
> here is the complete procedure to repeat.
> sudo port install lynx.
> lynx ./
>   m n
> NEWNAME return:
>   abort: trap 6!!!
>
> this was fixed in lynx-cur when i contacted Thomas Dickey.

Your English is fine! Thanks for the reproduction recipe. I didn't know lynx had file management capabilities built in.

I can reproduce this problem. I have determined that it was fixed between 2.8.9dev.2 and 2.8.9dev.3. I can't find a public repository of lynx source code so I will try to create a patch that we can use in MacPorts.