macports open-source games - any suggestions for missing ports?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 19:40:40 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I’ve been working on bringing MacPorts various open-source games  up to date over the past year or so, and adding whatever new ones seemed popular and worthwhile, and updating older ones.

Quite often, using MacPorts allows a broader array of systems to be able to run these games than the default offerings available from the various download sites.

I think our list is looking pretty reasonable at the moment.  Perhaps I can set up some kind of page listing the current offerings, which systems can run them, and showing some screen shots to give an idea of what is on offer.

I’m curious if there are any suggestions or requests for something currently missing from MacPorts that people would like to see.

Here’s a website, for example, that indicates a list of the top open source games <https://www.slant.co/topics/1933/~open-source-games <https://www.slant.co/topics/1933/~open-source-games>>  Anything people are pining for?

Ken