request assist upgrading clang

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Dec 25 02:16:21 UTC 2017

On Sun, 24 Dec 2017, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I'm glad you're updating! MacPorts 2.0.3 was released in 2011. You
> should update at least yearly, and ideally much more often than that,
> otherwise it may be difficult to upgrade some ports.

Gadzooks!  Six *years* old?  I have a Calendar reminder every week...

Ah yes, here it is, for every Monday:

     Mac: port selfupdate

     Might need "-p" if Guile is still broken (there is no maintainer).
     Seems OK now...  Also run "pkg update -f; pkg upgrade; pkg clean" on
     FreeBSD (and "service -R"?), and "cd /usr/ports; make fetchindex".

Yes, I run FreeBSD as well (it's the Mac's server)...