TenFourFox on Intel

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 23:30:49 UTC 2017

> On Dec 27, 2017, at 11:50 PM, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola at libero.it> wrote:
>
> Hi,m
>
> On 2017-12-28 00:15:33 +0100 Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks.
>> You are building on 10.5 Intel still I believe.
>
> Yes I do. You could even attempt 10.4, since the official target remains 10.4 PPC "and up".
> As long as you have the 10.4 SDK you can try permutations.
>
> On my 10.7 I don't have older SDKs for Xcode, so I can't test compatibility.. I think I need to scavenge them, I don't know if I can just copy over one of my older Macs one.
>
>> I'll see how it works on my 10.5 Intel system. Will help if I can.
>
> You may also try on PPC, actually, it would be interesting to now if tha works.
> I have a PPC 10.5 machine which I use very little because it is underpowered.
>
> You could also try 10.6 if you still have the 10.4 SDK
>
>> I appreciate your efforts so far.
>
> Getting a browser with starts will be even more satisfactory.
>
> Riccardo

OK. My 10.5 Intel machine is humming away, trying to build TenFourFox using your latest git commits. It’s about 40 minutes into is so far.

There were no issues building all the prerequisites using MacPorts default portfiles, except for the libidl +universal thing I mentioned. Everything installed smoothly.

I looked at the various *.mozcfg files, and I figured you must be using the DEBUG.mozcfg as your basis, so I copied that into ".mozconfig” and that is the one the build is currently using. I didn’t notice any others that seemed more workable. If you’re using a different configuration file, please let me know.

If this finishes building (miracle), I’ll see if it will build on 10.6 using the 10.4u SDK.

Ken