override local port

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 2 16:24:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 02/02/17 16:16, db wrote:
> On 2 Feb 2017, at 16:34, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
>> If you only want to do it once, you can cd to the folder with the port
>> that you want to use and run "sudo port ..." from there.
>
> Hmm…no, I thought I could mark the ports' default priority/availability, something like setrequested with leaves.
>
> I could use 2 local trees with rsync in second place, but that's not very practical.
>
> file:///opt/local/myports1
> rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]
> file:///opt/local/myports2
>
> Or, rename the port files. In this regard, does portindex index only files named Porfile?

Or switch to using a git checkout as your local repo (in which case it
can be your default, as you would have all the ports there) and then use
different git branches for the different scenarios you want.

Renaming the files would also do it, as yes portindex only used
'Portfile' files.

Bottom line is there is no 'easy' way to do want you ask, so just go
with whatever works best for you.

Chris