selfupdate error

Tai Viinikka tai at eastpole.ca
Fri Feb 3 18:10:19 UTC 2017

I too was stuck at 2.3.5 with "no configure script found in vendor/tcl/unix"

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:

> On 2017-02-02 17:40, pof at uvic.ca wrote:
> >  I suspect this is almost certainly due
> > to an issue with my own setup since I have seen no other similar
> > problems posted in the archives
> This has been reported before and unfortunately it is an upgrade path we
> did not expect or test. rsync does not preserve these symlinks.

Paul, thanks for mentioning this.
Rainer, I have a similar problem. Can you identify a bug opened in trac on
this upgrade/symlink issue?

Perhaps a key phrase (but Google is unhelpful):

>     configure: error: no configure script found in vendor/tcl/unix

Regarding your suggestion:

Edit your /opt/local/etc/macports.conf

Assuming you meant /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf, mine says:

> #rsync_dir              release/tarballs/base.tar

I uncommented the line so I could mess around with this setting and it
looks like this value might be wrong for some users.

Based on https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Mirrors#MacPortsSource
only the US and UK still use that directory structure, and for everyone not
using those mirrors, we'd need:

rsync_dir                     macports/release/tarballs/base.tar

or similar.

I have tried to pursue this route, changing rsync_ and rsync_dir to match
several mirrors, and it has not fixed the vendor/tcl/unix problem.

Any suggestions welcome, including "Open a ticket" or "Add to ticket X."

I have looked at ticket #53414; the problem description is identical but I
have tried the solution offered, commenting out the relevant settings to
use defaults, and this does not change anything for me.

tai viinikka

--
tai at eastpole.ca   ::::   East Pole Productions