pear-PEAR fails to install with checksum error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 7 12:07:46 UTC 2017

> On Feb 7, 2017, at 01:43, Horst Simon <horst.simon at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>  I tried to install pear and it failed on dependency pear-Archive_Tar install with checksum error.
>
> sudo port -N install pear-PEAR
> Password:
> --->  Computing dependencies for pear-PEAR
> --->  Dependencies to be installed: pear-Archive_Tar pear-Console_Getopt pear-Structures_Graph pear-XML_Util
> --->  Verifying checksums for pear-Archive_Tar
> Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for Archive_Tar-1.3.13.tgz
> Error: Checksum (sha256) mismatch for Archive_Tar-1.3.13.tgz
> Error: Failed to checksum pear-Archive_Tar: Unable to verify file checksums
> Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_php_pear-Archive_Tar/pear-Archive_Tar/main.log for details.
> Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
> Error: Processing of port pear-PEAR failed
>
> Is this known and should I file a bug report.

I do not see a bug report in our issue tracker matching that problem.

There appears to have been a stealth update. The file mirrored on the macports distfiles server matches the portfile's checksums, but the one currently being served from pear.php.net does not. The two different gzip files decompress to the same tarball though, and the same contents.

Maybe the best solution is to update the port to the latest version. Probably all of the pear ports could use examination to find potential updates. All the pear ports were added en masse in 2011 and most have not been updated since then. pear-Archive_Tar was last updated in MacPorts in 2014.