Surf port

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Feb 27 10:07:43 UTC 2017

On 27 February 2017 at 09:49, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> - On 10.11: edit the Portfile for k3dsurf and replace dependency on
> qt3-mac with qt4-mac, check if that compiles. If k3dsurf doesn't work
> with Qt 4 (which is possible, the last release seems to be from
> 2007/2009), there's no hope for this port and highly unlikely that any
> MacPorts developer would be willing to fix it. If you cannot make
> k3dsurf work with Qt 4, ask upstream.

I just figured out that k3dsurf depends on qt3-mac which doesn't
compile on > 10.6, but one can still install qt3 and compile k3dsurf
against qt3. That one uses X11, so it won't look nice, but that's
still better than nothing. Just replace qt3-mac with qt3 in k3dsurf's
Portfile and remove qt4-mac from qt3's conficts.

Those are changes that we could easily make (if one could then compile
the port).

Mojca