pan - start with script.app at the new Pan 0.141

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jan 6 07:12:03 UTC 2017

> On Jan 5, 2017, at 07:26, FritzS - gmx <fritzs at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Till today I start pan with a  script saved as pan.app
> do shell script "/opt/local/bin/pan“
>
> this worked well till the update to Pan 0.141 coming out now.
>
> Now it comes the error report:
> sh: gpg2: command not found
> error "sh: gpg2: command not found" number 1011
>
> gpg2 is located:
> /opt/local/bin/gpg2  (macports)

I guess pan now needs gpg2, and assumes it will be located in the PATH. The PATH you have set in your terminal includes /opt/local/bin, but the PATH that AppleScript runs "do shell script" with does not.

> and
> /usr/local/bin/gpg   - is a link to
> /usr/local/MacGPG2/bin/gpg2 (from MacGPG)

Having things installed in /usr/local can cause problems for software you install with MacPorts; I recommend you remove what you've installed in /usr/local.

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#usrlocal

> At the moment I open pan with an double click to pan binary and this open a shell:
> $ /opt/local/bin/pan ; exit;
>
> What could I do that the my pan.app would work.

Add /opt/local/bin to the PATH AppleScript uses:

do shell script "export PATH=\"/opt/local/bin:$PATH\" && pan"