Migration issue

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jan 6 07:20:38 CET 2017

> On Jan 5, 2017, at 09:26, Adam Dershowitz wrote:
>
> I just tried what you suggested for py27-numpy and it just activated without any error.

Yes, there will not be an error at activation time. However, if you have anything installed that required py27-numpy to be universal, it will now be broken.

> So, myports.txt has
>   py27-numpy @1.11.3_0+gfortran (active) platform='darwin 15' archs='x86_64'
>
> And, after the migration it had installed both that and the +universal variant.
> Yet, when I tried to activate the non-universal version it did it without complaint.  So, I really don’t understand why the +universal got built at all.
> Any suggestions?

I don't have any answers for you, beyond the usual reasons why a port is installed universal, which are:

- you explicitly asked for it to be installed universal
- you installed another port universal that depends on this port
- you installed another port that is 32-bit only, and you are on a 64-bit machine, and the other port depends on this port (You can check if the other port says "supported_archs i386 ppc" (or the other way around))
- it enables the universal by default, and possibly requires the universal variant to be used (You can check the portfile to see if "default_variants +universal" appears)