Inkscape 0.92.0 now available on MacPorts

David Evans devans at macports.org
Mon Jan 9 00:15:49 CET 2017

On 1/8/17 2:44 PM, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
> From: David Evans (mailto:devans at macports.org)
> Date: 8 January 2017 at 22:02:49
>
>> The necessary list of +quartz dependencies for inkscape +quartz are:
>>
>> cairo @1.14.8_0+quartz+x11
>> pango @1.40.3_1+quartz+x11
>> gtk2 @2.24.31_0+quartz
>> cairomm @1.10.0_3+quartz+x11
>> pangomm @2.36.0_0+quartz+x11
>> gtkmm @2.24.5_1+quartz
>> gtkspell2 @2.0.16_6+quartz
>
> I have those exact variants installed, even the same version numbers, yet inkscape doesn't work for me.
>
> It *does*, however, manage to put up a little window saying that it met a fatal error and is closing.
>
> – Harald

Please file a ticket at

https://trac.macports.org/newticket

with details including

OS Version
Xcode version
port version and variants

and anything else you can think of (no detail too small :-) ) and we'll try
and sort things out.

The key is that if I can reproduce your problem then we're on the path to
fixing it.

Currently both inkscape @0.92.0_1+x11 and inkscape @0.92.0_1+quartz work fine for me using

OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan)
Xcode 8.2.1
Build version 8C1002

but I have a report (actually more than one) of failure on startup on Sierra

In the process of testing on that platform (and others) now.

Dave