Inkscape 0.92.0 now available on MacPorts

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 16:07:21 CET 2017

Now I’m even more confused. Could somebody indicate ALL the steps to be taken, and in what order, so as to get Inkscape to work and yet not to disable other ports that depend on ports on which Inkscape also depends?

> On Jan 8, 2017, at 6:00 AM,David Evans <devans at macports.org <mailto:devans at macports.org>> wrote:
>
>  Sat, 7 Jan 2017 16:18:58 -0800
> To: Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com <mailto:allbery.b at gmail.com>>
> Cc: Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com <mailto:murrayeisenberg at gmail.com>>, MacPorts Users
> 	<macports-users at lists.macports.org <mailto:macports-users at lists.macports.org>>
>
> On 1/7/17 3:46 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 6:43 PM, David Evans <devans at macports.org <mailto:devans at macports.org> <mailto:devans at macports.org <mailto:devans at macports.org>>> wrote:
>>
>>    If it's still gtk2 +x11, install gtk2 +quartz instead.  Test by running gtk-demo (provided by gtk2) and observe that it
>>    runs (sucessfully) without XQuartz starting.
>>

>> Disable revupdate first (see /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf), or the automatic revupdate will probably reinstall
>> the +x11 variant due to existing gtk-using ports being broken.
>>

> Good point.  I recommend this in almost all situations as the automatic rebuild is almost always the wrong thing to do
> and hides linking problems that need to be addressed otherwise.
>
> To be more explicit, change
>
> revupgrade_mode rebuild

> revupgrade_mode report
>
> in /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf
>
> You will get the report of broken files if they exist and then you can decide if you want to rebuild or not on your own.

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334