Failure to build libsndfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jul 3 03:42:01 UTC 2017

On Jul 2, 2017, at 20:30, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Doing my weekly "port upgrade outdated", it fell over when building "flac"
> (whatever that is):

Note that it failed at libsndfile, not flac.

>    --->  Attempting to fetch patch-Wvla.diff from http://her.gr.distfiles.macports.org/libsndfile
>    Error: Failed to fetch libsndfile: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
>    Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_aarnet.au.rsync.macports.org_pub_macports_audio_libsndfile/libsndfile/main.log for details.
>
> Is there some reason why my local mirror is out of date?

The mirror isn't out of date. MacPorts should never have attempted to fetch the patch from the mirror, because the patch should already have been in the files directory:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/audio/libsndfile/files/patch-Wvla.diff

Why isn't it there on your system?