svn server problem?

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Sun Jul 16 01:06:08 UTC 2017

> On Jul 15, 2017, at 14:43, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 08:24:05PM -0400, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:
>> svn co https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/contrib/MacPorts_Framework@86927
>> svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/contrib/MacPorts_Framework'
>> svn: E120108: Error running context: The server unexpectedly closed the connection.
>>
>> (the URL came from the log for MacPorts_Framework, which had that problem too; just figured I'd try the command by hand, for the heck of it)
>
> Works fine for me. Does the problem still persist? If so, which version
> of Subversion do you use?
>
> --
> Clemens

sh-3.2$ type svn
svn is hashed (/usr/bin/svn)
sh-3.2$ svn --version|head -1
svn, version 1.9.4 (r1740329)
sh-3.2$ svn co https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/contrib/MacPorts_Framework@86927
sh-3.2$ # also without the @##### suffix:
sh-3.2$ svn co https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/contrib/MacPorts_Framework
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/contrib/MacPorts_Framework'
svn: E120108: Error running context: The server unexpectedly closed the connection.

sh-3.2$ # same with the newer version in MacPorts:
sh-3.2$ /opt/local/bin/svn --version|head -1
svn, version 1.9.6 (r1800392)
sh-3.2$ /opt/local/bin/svn co https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/contrib/MacPorts_Framework@86927
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/contrib/MacPorts_Framework'
svn: E120108: Error running context: The server unexpectedly closed the connection.
sh-3.2$ # and again without the suffix:
sh-3.2$ /opt/local/bin/svn co https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/contrib/MacPorts_Framework
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/contrib/MacPorts_Framework'
svn: E120108: Error running context: The server unexpectedly closed the connection.

With a browser, the URL with the @###### suffix seems to redirect to https://trac.macports.org/changeset/86927/contrib/MacPorts_Framework <https://trac.macports.org/changeset/86927/contrib/MacPorts_Framework>
while without the suffix, it at least comes up on a much plainer page.

Also odd is that the version apparently identified by the suffix is rather old, compared to the latest; I've got to wonder if the Macports_Framework port has been updated in quite a while...