svn server problem?

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Jul 16 09:56:14 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 09:06:08PM -0400, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:
> With a browser, the URL with the @###### suffix seems to redirect to
> https://trac.macports.org/changeset/86927/contrib/MacPorts_Framework
> while without the suffix, it at least comes up on a much plainer page.

Yes. We added the redirect deliberately so that the git-svn-id headers
created by our SVN->Git migration tooling would be clickable:

  https://github.com/macports/macports-base/commit/c610ee4ceaa500be41aa0d47c2c0f1f2c2d5e604

However, the SVN client does not send the @###### part to the server
when you run svn co on it.

In fact, looking at the logs, I don't see any of the typical patterns an
SVN client would send when attempting a checkout. Considering the
checkout works for me with and without the @ suffix, do you happen to
have any proxies or internet security utilities configured on your
machine that might intercept your traffic?

If you can rule that out, can you grab a packet capture for me, e.g.
with Wireshark?

> Also odd is that the version apparently identified by the suffix is
> rather old, compared to the latest; I've got to wonder if the
> Macports_Framework port has been updated in quite a while...

That's not surprising, since the MacPorts_Framework code itself hasn't
been touched in a while:

  https://github.com/macports/pallet/tree/master/MacPorts_Framework

The Portfile should still be updated to fetch from GitHub instead of
Subversion, though.

--
Clemens