expat 2.2.2 build fail on Snow Leopard

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Sun Jul 16 03:36:20 UTC 2017

:info:build libtool: compile:  /opt/local/bin/clang-mp-3.9 -I./lib -I. -pipe -Os -arch x86_64 -arch i386 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -fexceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -I/opt/local/include -DHAVE_EXPAT_CONFIG_H -c lib/xmlparse.c  -fno-common -DPIC -o lib/.libs/xmlparse.o
:info:build lib/xmlparse.c:56:3: error: You do not have support for any sources of high quality entropy     enabled.  For end user security, that is probably not what you want.         Your options include:       * Linux + glibc >=2.25 (getrandom): HAVE_GETRANDOM,       * Linux + glibc <2.25 (syscall SYS_getrandom): HAVE_SYSCALL_GETRANDOM,       * BSD / macOS (arc4random_buf): HAVE_ARC4RANDOM_BUF,       * libbsd (arc4random_buf): HAVE_ARC4RANDOM_BUF + HAVE_LIBBSD,       * Windows (RtlGenRandom): _WIN32.         If insist on not using any of these, bypass this error by defining     XML_POOR_ENTROPY; you have been warned.         For CMake, one way to pass the define is:         cmake -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-pipe -O2 -DHAVE_SYSCALL_GETRANDOM" .         If you have reasons to patch this detection code away or need changes     to the build system, please open a bug.  Thank you!
:info:build # error  \
:info:build   ^
:info:build 1 error generated.
:info:build make: *** [lib/xmlparse.lo] Error 1

Granted, Snow Leopard doesn't seem to have arc4random_buf()  (I think it first appeared in Lion).  What workaround should there be for this??