How to get date when port was added? To list ports added in last 1/2/3/.../X weeks?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jun 13 11:56:53 UTC 2017

On Jun 13, 2017, at 02:30, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> From time to time I would like to get a list of newly added ports so I can see if I'm interested to install any one of them.
>
> * How can I get the info about the dates when a port was added for the first time to MacPorts?
> * How can I list all ports which arrived new in MacPorts within the last 1, 2, 3, ..., X weeks?

MacPorts doesn't have either of those features. You'll have to consult the Git repository:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports

We have a script called port-whatsnew which is supposed to tell you what changes have been committed to a port since you installed it:

https://github.com/macports/macports-contrib/blob/master/port-whatsnew/port-whatsnew

It doesn't work right now because it hasn't been updated to account for our move to GitHub. Still, it shows how you could determine what has changed in a repository since a date, and that idea could be extended to get the information you want.