How to get date when port was added? To list ports added in last 1/2/3/.../X weeks?

Kurt Pfeifle kurt.pfeifle at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 19 21:19:31 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 1:56 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
wrote:

> We have a script called port-whatsnew which is supposed to tell you what
> changes have been committed to a port since you installed it:
>
> https://github.com/macports/macports-contrib/blob/master/port-whatsnew/
> port-whatsnew
>
> It doesn't work right now because it hasn't been updated to account for
> our move to GitHub. Still, it shows how you could determine what has
> changed in a repository since a date, and that idea could be extended to
> get the information you want.

Though to determine what has changed in an existing (and known to me)
repository since a date is a useful feature too -- my curiosity right now
is itching about how to learn about completely *newly added* ports. ("Oh
great -- the MacPorts team has added 'tabula-extractor' and 'askbot' a week
ago...")

My guess is that this would be a useful feature for many more users.