Missing /opt/local/share/man/whatis DB

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Jun 22 14:38:08 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-22 15:30, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:
> Might add fc-cache to your list of programs that a port might want to
> run following activate/deactivate, or is that already being done as
> applicable?

All of what I listed is done by ports and as you said, the same is done
with fc-cache. These ports currently have to implement this explicitly
with post-activate/post-deactivate phases.

While this works for these ports at the moment, explicitly adding
makewhatis to every port that installs man pages just does not seem
reasonable...

Rainer