python development environment on a mac

macports at parvis.nl macports at parvis.nl
Wed Mar 15 17:03:33 UTC 2017

> On 15 Mar 2017, at 15:49, macports at parvis.nl wrote:
>

>> On 15 Mar 2017, at 08:51, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
>>
>> Any reason why you sent the response off-list?
>
> no excuse but it was 04:15 AM.
>
>> I can answer, but it makes more sense to continue on the list.
>>
>> But in short: you don't need virtualenv just for the sake of
>> supporting both python 2 and 3.
>
> i understand.
>
>> Mojca

OK. next problem.

he has an older imac and a newer macbook pro (soon), with different versions of osx/macos, so the python system environment will be different. to be able to work on both macs i think virtualenv may be right way to go.

for me, developing on osx and production on linux is about the same thing.

do you agree or not?

paul.