libsdl2 built fails when updating ffmpeg

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 23 12:11:38 UTC 2017

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 22:56, tome at qx.net wrote:
>
> Mac mini 2.7Ghz Intel Core i7
> 8 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
> Lion OS X 10.7.5
> ffmpeg @3.1.4_0+gpl2+x11 (active)
>
> After successfully patching a libarchive failure, the ffmpeg update
> continued with a failure during libsdl2 build.  I captured the log and
> then did the suggested 'sudo port clean libsdl2' and then 'sudo port
> update outdated', which failed again, and I captured that log also.  I
> then did the suggested 'sudo port uninstall libsdl2' and again did 'sudo
> port update outdated', again with a libsdl2 failure.  I have attached the
> last log, the other two are available if necessary.  I searched the
> archive, but found nothing related to this failure.  Please advise if this
> should be a ticket.  Thank you, Tom
> <libsdl2b-main.log>

The errors in the log are:

use of undeclared identifier 'NSWindowDidChangeBackingPropertiesNotification'

and:

use of undeclared identifier 'NSBackingPropertyOldScaleFactorKey'

These errors are mentioned further down in this ticket:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52210#comment:9

That ticket is about how libsdl2 does not build on 10.6 without the 10.7 SDK. But you're on 10.7 so you already have the 10.7 SDK so this doesn't quite fit.

What version of Xcode and the command line tools do you have installed? If it's not the very latest for 10.7 (Xcode 4.6.3 and Command Line Tools (OS X Lion) for Xcode - April 2013) try updating to that.