autogen install or upgrade fails

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Thu May 4 12:38:38 UTC 2017

lapple:~ root# port installed name:guile
  guile @2.0.14_1
  guile @2.2.2_0 (active)
  guile18 @1.8.8_6 (active)

lapple:ports root# port provides /opt/local/bin/guile;ls -l /opt/local/bin/guile
/opt/local/bin/guile is provided by: guile
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  admin  8904 May  3 16:27 /opt/local/bin/guile

So it looks like there was a guile update to 2.2.2_0 (based on the date of the file), which autogen wasn't ready for.

The config log shows it trying to fall back to guile18 when 2.0 isn't found, but isn't getting that right either.