Trac does not see /opt for attaching files

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 16 04:29:06 UTC 2017

On May 15, 2017, at 20:18, Al Varnell wrote:

> /opt has been installed as a hidden directory by every macOS/OS X installer from day 1.

I guess /opt is a standard UNIX directory, and macOS does install other UNIX directories like /private and /usr as hidden, so it makes sense.

Nevertheless, it's not hidden on my machines. I've installed MacPorts from source on most if not all of my machines, so if the hiding is happening in the Installer, that would explain why I don't see it on systems where I didn't use Installer. Maybe we should modify our Makefiles to install /opt as hidden, to match the behavior of Installer.