Octave out of date?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Nov 1 15:47:17 UTC 2017

On 1 November 2017 at 11:49, Marius Schamschula wrote:

> We also have such an option:
>
> The octave-devel port.
>
> However, this port has not been kept up to date.

Are there serious technical problems (I remember compatibility issues
with lots of octave modules) or just lack of time?

Judging from the HB formula [1] it might be straightforward to bring
the port up-to-date (at least without additional modules).

I remember that octave was in fact seriously outdated in the past, but
at least the stable version is now fine.

Mojca

* https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/master/Formula/octave.rb