ssh-agent no longer being started

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Tue Nov 7 11:17:25 UTC 2017

On 11/06/2017 04:29 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Ah, thanks. I was already looking into what other ports I had to upgrade to do this.
>
> I have the impression that gnupg2 2.0.30 already launched the agent on-demand, at least I didn't notice any loss of functionality after unloading the gpg-agent plist.

The former gpg-agent port installed a LaunchAgent, which started gpg-agent via
launchd on user login. Not quite on-demand.

Also, the old gpg-agent port only enabled SSH agent support via a specific,
non-default variant. You must have had this turned on for some reason.

In any case, it's gone, so generally not an issue any longer.

Mihai