ssh-agent no longer being started

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 12:03:44 UTC 2017

On Tuesday November 07 2017 12:17:25 Mihai Moldovan wrote:

> The former gpg-agent port installed a LaunchAgent, which started gpg-agent via
> launchd on user login. Not quite on-demand.

Let's put it this way: I didn't notice any loss of functionality after unloading that plist (stopping the running gpg-agent instance).

> You must have had this turned on for some reason.

I must have had, I wish I remembered what reason (aside from tinkering). It must have had to do with validating signing keys in KMail (which goes through Kleopatra).

R.