Questions on the update to Apache 2.4

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Mon Nov 13 13:42:05 UTC 2017

Davide,

> On Nov 13, 2017, at 4:22 AM, Davide Liessi <davide.liessi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi.
> I have some questions regarding the apache2 port and the update to version 2.4.
>
> 1) The user:group changed from www:www in 2.2 to daemon:daemon in 2.4:
> was the corresponding reinplace line in post-patch forgotten or
> intentionally omitted?

Neither. apache24-devel used daemon:daemon, so it was left that way when apache24-devel was moved to apache2.

> 2) In version 2.2 the httpd-userdir.conf file was customized to match
> the /Users/*/Sites directory naming of macOS: was the corresponding
> post-patch block in the Portfile forgotten or intentionally omitted?

Forgotten.

> 3) Version 2.2 had a patch to the httpd.conf file to deny access to
> .DS_Store files, resource forks and named forks, which is omitted in
> 2.4: again, was this intentional?

Again. Not intentional. This was never implemented under apache24-devel.

> 4) What is the purpose of having the original configuration files both
> in ${prefix}/etc/apache2 with .orig suffix and in
> ${prefix}/etc/apache2/original?

The original folder only has httpd.conf, but not extra/httpd*.conf. I suppose the original folder is a duplicate of the .orig file, and can be removed.

> Best wishes.
> Davide

Marius
--