Questions on the update to Apache 2.4

William H. Magill magill at mac.com
Fri Nov 17 16:23:12 UTC 2017

On Nov 13, 2017, at 5:55 PM, Marius Schamschula <lists at schamschula.com> wrote:

>>> 2) In version 2.2 the httpd-userdir.conf file was customized to match
>>> the /Users/*/Sites directory naming of macOS: was the corresponding
>>> post-patch block in the Portfile forgotten or intentionally omitted?
>>
>> Forgotten.
>
> Added.

Just got around to updating to the last update of the Apache distribution.

Apparently what was added was:

< <Directory "/Users/*/Sites">
---
> <Directory "/home/*/Sites”>

I.e. “/home”

On my system, I do  have a /home directory, however it is empty, while /Users has the full compliment of users.

My system was “built from scratch,” not upgraded from MacOS.

Not a big deal, but it might be worth pointing out in the port “notes,” that

The /opt/local/etc/apache2/extra/httpd-userdir.conf file defaults to the MacOS naming convention of “/home” rather than the OSX naming convention of “/Users."

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill
# iMac11,3 Core i7 [2.93GHz - 8 GB 1067MHz] OS X 10.13.1
# Macmini6,1 Intel Core i5 [2.5 Ghz - 4GB 1600MHz] OS X 10.13.1
# MacPro5,1 Quad-Core Intel Xeon [2.8 GHz - 16 GB 1066 MHz] OSX 10.13.1
magill at icloud.com
magill at mac.com
whmagill at gmail.com