Questions on the update to Apache 2.4

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Fri Nov 17 20:46:22 UTC 2017

William,

That’s a valid point. apache2 supports platforms other than darwin/macOS, even though I wonder how many installations there are under FreeBSD and OpenBSD. I certainly don’t use MacPorts on my FreeBSD boxen.

Under macOS there is no such thing as a /home or /usr/home directory. The second to last update to apache2 fixed this issue. No-one had noticed that this was not implemented in apache24-devel.

>>> Forgotten.
>>
>> Added.
>
> Just got around to updating to the last update of the Apache distribution.
>
> Apparently what was added was:
>
> < <Directory "/Users/*/Sites">
> ---
>> <Directory "/home/*/Sites”>
>
> I.e. “/home”
>
> On my system, I do  have a /home directory, however it is empty, while /Users has the full compliment of users.
>
> My system was “built from scratch,” not upgraded from MacOS.
>
> Not a big deal, but it might be worth pointing out in the port “notes,” that
>
> The /opt/local/etc/apache2/extra/httpd-userdir.conf file defaults to the MacOS naming convention of “/home” rather than the OSX naming convention of “/Users."
>

> T.T.F.N.
> William H. Magill
> # iMac11,3 Core i7 [2.93GHz - 8 GB 1067MHz] OS X 10.13.1
> # Macmini6,1 Intel Core i5 [2.5 Ghz - 4GB 1600MHz] OS X 10.13.1
> # MacPro5,1 Quad-Core Intel Xeon [2.8 GHz - 16 GB 1066 MHz] OSX 10.13.1
> magill at icloud.com
> magill at mac.com
> whmagill at gmail.com

Marius