Questions on the update to Apache 2.4

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Wed Nov 22 19:10:23 UTC 2017

Craig,

> On Nov 22, 2017, at 12:58 PM, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
> Minor further questions…I’m a real neophyte at web servers so be gentle!
>
> It seems that mod_rewrite and mod_deflate are both commented out by default.  I believe they were both enabled in the prior version.  Is there any particular reason for the change?

The fact that they show up in the httpd.conf file means that they are installed. I’m not sure what the set of modules enabled by default was with apache 2.2.x. Just uncomment those lines.

> Is it safe to use an httpd.conf file from Apache 2.2 with the new version?  Or is it important to start with the new template and make necessary changes to it?

I would run diff. As noted in the Portfile notes, there are some differences between 2.2.x and 2.4.x in terms of the .conf files. Particularly, regarding access clauses.

> Craig

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula