Uninstall a port and ONLY THAT PORT's dependencies?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 2 04:40:38 UTC 2017

On Oct 1, 2017, at 17:35, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Oct 2017, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Then you can run "port installed leaves" to show a list of the ports that are installed but that you have not requested. (If the list is inaccurate -- if ports are on the list that you actually want -- you can tell MacPorts by using "sudo port setrequested X" where X is the port you want to keep.) Then, once "port installed leaves" correctly represents the list of ports you don't want, you can uninstall them with "sudo port uninstall leaves".
>
> Err, I'd be wary of that on my box.  The output includes things like "xv", "aspell", "awstats", "enscript", "gdb", "groff", "gzip" etc (and that's just a start).
>
> Yeah, I can set them as requested, but why so many of them?  I might miss a few, and delete something I wanted.

I don't know what to tell you. As far as MacPorts knows, you did not request the installation of those ports, and nothing you've installed declares a library or runtime dependency on them, so it's safe to uninstall them. If you actually want any of those ports specifically, use "sudo port setrequested" to inform MacPorts of that desire.