establish installed dependency not in portfile

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 20:14:37 UTC 2017

On 8 Oct 2017, at 22:05, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> No, we don't have anything that estimates build time.

Would a feature request make sense? Having build time and open tickets (defect/platform) when running `port outdated` would spare quite a few headaches. As of now, I have to pin compilers locally to avoid rebuilding for every release bump and review the list of outdated ports and eventually query for open tickets. Getting more information from ports would certainly help automatize updating.