Apache 2.4.28 update today? (was:Re: Apache 2.4 any time soon?)

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Wed Oct 18 23:04:32 UTC 2017

Horst,

The Portfile installs httpd.conf.orig, but does not do the same for the files in the extra folder.

There are two options of how to fix this issue:

1) install .conf.orig files and have the user copy them to .conf files

2) back up all existing .conf files when activating

I first tried (2), as it keeps a history (some Linux systems use this approach), but then I opted for (1) as it doesn’t overwrite any existing .conf files, i.e. does not need manual intervention after updating. However, the initial set up requires the .conf.orig to .conf files.

Committed as https://git.io/vdQFy

> On Oct 18, 2017, at 5:19 AM, Horst Simon <horst.simon at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> Hi Marius,
>
> I had not the updated php71-apache2handler. After running sudo port selfupdate and sudo port upgrade outdated, it updated the php71-apache2handler and placed the mod_php71.so in the correct directory. During the upgrade it too updated  apache24-devel and during this upgrade it overwrote my modified /opt/local/etc/apache2/extra/httpd-ssl.conf file and I lost all my modifications, it did not
> overwrite the modified httpd.conf file it created a new one as httpd.conf.bak, can
> all modified config files left untouched during the upgrade?
>
> Regards,
> Horst
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 18 Oct 2017, at 10:40, Marius Schamschula <lists at schamschula.com <mailto:lists at schamschula.com>> wrote:
>
>> Horst,
>>
>> Strange, I have
>>
>> /opt/local/lib/apache2/modules/mod_php71.so
>>
>> installed by php71-apache2handler @7.1.10_2, as it would have been under apache24-devel (with my old patch against php-apache2handler).
>>
>> What, version of php?
>>
>> Why are you manually running apxs?
>>
>>> On Oct 17, 2017, at 6:29 PM, hbsimon <horst.simon at optusnet.com.au <mailto:horst.simon at optusnet.com.au>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am too try to change over to apache24-devel, but have an issue with php.
>>> When I run the apxs command
>>> it creates the entry in the httpd.conf file to load the php module, but it
>>> does not create the php module, no
>>> error message is shown.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Horst Simon