Compiling git

Michael keybounce at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 18:21:05 UTC 2017

So I'm trying to compile git from sources.

The first thing I tried was a straight download of the raw git. No go.
The second thing I tried was using the macport patches (a makefile patch setting a linker flag, it looks like).

But, attempting to compile the profiling mode fails. There does not seem to be an option in macports for working with profiling.

Error line:
clang: error: unknown argument: '-fprofile-generate=/Volumes/UserData/Users/michael/Documents/Programming/git'
make[1]: *** [credential-store.o] Error 1
make: *** [profile] Error 2

Full log:
https://gist.github.com/keybounce/45621acfa8af7c96ef2668d73db7b329

Anything obvious to porters, or should I bounce this up to the git list?

---
Entertaining minecraft videos
http://YouTube.com/keybounce