How do I use MacPorts' NTPD over Apple's?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Oct 27 23:36:41 UTC 2017

I'm trying to diagnose a weird NTP problem here (Sierra 10.12.6) whereby
although it gloms onto one source, the rest remain in ".STEP".  Given that
Apple is on the trailing-edge when it comes to third-party software, how
do I use MacPorts' version of NTPD?  The mysteries of LAUNCHD continue to
elude me...

Yeah, I could merely kill Apple's and run MacPorts' from the command line,
but that ain't a permanent solution if it's required.