xcode, clt or both

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Tue Sep 19 03:08:30 UTC 2017

By "We are trying to move toward a future where MacPorts recommends installing only Xcode, and not the command line tools", does that mean that only Xcode will be required then, or that the command line tools should actually be avoided?  Some people will wish to have both, for reasons having nothing to do with MacPorts.