problem installing gnureadline

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 18 13:49:34 UTC 2018

On 18/04/18 14:44, pagani laurent via macports-users wrote:
> You are right of course. So I ended up removing everything which was not
> installed yesterday or today and that cured it but is there a way to
> clean up completely /opt/local without removing Macports itself so that
> one can reply the reinstall script easily ?

If you first follow the instructions at

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

to create the lists of ports you have installed, you can then if you
wish replace steps c and d

c Uninstall all installed ports:

sudo port -f uninstall installed

d Clean any partially-completed builds:

sudo rm -rf /opt/local/var/macports/build/*

with the nuke at

https://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.macports.uninstalling.html

and then still uses the previously saved list of ports to reinstall the
ports, once you have reinstalled macports.