Compiling TeX Live on 10.5 (was: libatomic build failure 10.5/x86)

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Apr 26 11:19:49 UTC 2018

On 26 April 2018 at 13:12, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> On 2018-04-26 07:33:30 +0200 Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Riccardo, can you please try:
>>     sudo port -v build luajit configure.compiler=macports-gcc-6
>> or
>>     sudo port -v build luajit configure.compiler=macports-gcc-7
>>
>> It should potentially lead to the same issue (it doesn't fail for me
>> on the latest 64-bit os though). It would be nice to isolate the
>> problem and report it to GCC developers.
>

> I tried both gcc 6 and ggc 7, it was very quick and succeeded without
> errors.

Then it must be some other flag. Maybe a different version of lua or whatever.

> The issue is thus of the "embedded" luajit?
>
> I wonder why --disable-luajittex was not effective

It could be for two reasons:
- maybe --disable-mfluajit is also needed (you need to check the exact
name, I'm not 100% sure if I spelled it correctly)
- it could be that the configure option was not applied correctly

I suspect the first one, since mfluajit is relatively new and luajit
build has at some point automatically been disabled on powerpc, so
nobody actually noticed that the configure argument was not effective.

Mojca