ffmpeg on 10.5/PPC

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sun Apr 29 16:33:25 UTC 2018

Hi Ken!

On 2018-04-29 14:36:02 +0200 Ken Cunningham
<ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:

> clang-3.4 will never work on PPC, so don't even bother.

In the sense that it is too broken? It actually starts compiling.

> I have many ffmpeg versions built on 10.5 PPC, including what I think
> is the
> current one.  I have not seen that assembler error before, but I can
> try
> building ffmpeg again later this morning and see what happens.

did you install an additional assembler from MacPorts?
Remember: this is my G4, the same I cannot build TFF tue to the linker
issues. So maybe your system is setup better?

> FYI I also have gimp2 built and running, but I haven't fixed up the
> Portfile
> for general use yet so don't even try to get that going until I
> update it.

Nice :) Some specific PPC issues? It ended up building fine on
10.5/Intel after I sorted out that texlive-bin issue
In the meanwhile I can sort out at least the dependencies!

Riccardo

--
Sent with GNUMail!