Compiling TeX Live on 10.5 and 10.4 Intel

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 13:40:14 UTC 2018

As mentioned, I have a version of texlive-bin that builds with gcc6 on Tiger Intel by disabling several features that gcc doesn't seem happy with.

However, I also have fixed clang-3.8 to build and install on Tiger Intel, and this compiler can build the existing texlive-bin just as it is without modifications, along with a lot of other software as you can imagine. Perhaps that is the better approach to this issue.

This version of clang-3.8 also supports macports-libstdc++ for full c++ standard library support.

(It probably is possible now to get libc++ on Tiger as well, but I haven't gone down that road too far as yet.)

Ken