Poppler and Snow Leopard

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Fri Dec 7 14:31:38 UTC 2018

Hi all,

today I tried to upgrade packages on SL 10.6, first I got this issue:

--->  Attempting to fetch poppler-0.71.0.tar.xz from
http://nue.de.distfiles.macports.org/poppler
--->  Verifying checksums for poppler
--->  Extracting poppler
--->  Applying patches to poppler
--->  Configuring poppler
Error: poppler cannot be built while another version of poppler is active.
Error: Please forcibly deactivate the existing copy of poppler, e.g. by
running:
Error:
Error:     sudo port -f deactivate poppler
Error:
Error: Then try again.
Error: Failed to configure poppler: poppler is active
Error: See
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_poppler/poppler/main.log
for details.

So, I followed the de-activation suggestion,  then tried "upgrade"
again, but of course it was not outdated, so I issued explicitely the
upgrade of poppler which fails:

/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_poppler/poppler/work/poppler-0.71.0/goo/grandom.cc:21:10:
error: thread-local storage is not supported for the current target
   static thread_local std::default_random_engine
engine{std::random_device{}()};
          ^
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/poppler.dir/goo/grandom.cc.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macpo

I think this is related to the bug

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/0e637acf748bb168387fecb7cd9f4ebf92220957

right? But what can I do now? Currenlty I have clang5 and gcc6.5
  I suppose the same hammer will slash also 10.7 and even more 10.5.

Riccardo