sunclock

macports at raf.org macports at raf.org
Tue Dec 11 03:12:19 UTC 2018

macports at raf.org wrote:

> Joshua Root wrote:
>
> > > I recently upgraded a macbook air from 10.6 to 10.13
> > > and discovered that sunclock is no longer in macports.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know which was the last version of macos
> > > whose corresponding macports included sunclock?
> >
> > That isn't how MacPorts releases work. There is one set of Portfiles
> > that are used on all OS versions.
> >
> > The sunclock port was removed at the start of 2015:
> > <https://trac.macports.org/changeset/130572>
> >
> > The only reason given for the removal was that the upstream site had
> > gone away. You could try installing using the Portfile and files
> > directory from the svn history. If it still builds, we could reinstate
> > the port.
> >
> > - Josh
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the clarification and suggestion.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't really spare the time to
> investigate right now. But when I next upgrade my
> laptop, if my sunclock binary stops working, I'll
> try to find the time.
>
> cheers,
> raf

Hi again,

It didn't take as long as I thought it might.
I created a local port and installed it.
It compiled, installed and activated and said:

  --->  No broken files found.
  --->  Found 1 broken port, determining rebuild order
  You can always run 'port rev-upgrade' again to fix errors.
  The following ports will be rebuilt: llvm-gcc42 @2336.11+universal
  Continue? [Y/n]: n

I didn't continue because I knew that wouldn't work but
I figure it didn't matter. I've uninstalled llvm-gcc42
so it'll stop complaining. :-)

It seems to work fine. Strangely, sunclock --version reports 3.56
even though this exists:

  https://distfiles.macports.org/sunclock/sunclock_3.57.orig.tar.gz

and the Portfile has:

  version          3.57

Thanks everyone. You've all been extremely helpful.

cheers,
raf