Just wondering - boost 1_68?

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Fri Dec 14 20:00:28 UTC 2018

Boost 1.67.00 and 1.68.00 both changed some critical APIs & we wanted to give projects time to catch up. I haven't tested the recently released 1.69.0 yet, but I've been running 1.68.00 for quite a while & it seems pretty stable with respect to building MacPorts ports. I'll be testing 1.69.0 over the coming holidays, and hope it doesn't introduce any major API changes & hence we can get it into MacPorts early in the new year.

The major issue is that -so- many ports depend on Boost that we have to be careful when updating it, so that we know the vast majority of ports will build on modern macOS without issues. That takes quite a bit of works! Hence why we haven't updated recently ... - MLD