sunclock

raf macports at raf.org
Mon Dec 17 05:14:53 UTC 2018

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 at 04:12, <macports at raf.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi again,
> >
> > It didn't take as long as I thought it might.
> > I created a local port and installed it.
>
> Wonderful. May I suggest that you submit a pull request (or perhaps
> open a trac ticket)?

OK. I've just opened a trac ticket.

> (If this was a modification of an old port, it would probably be nice
> to figure out how to convince git to connect the history with that old
> file.)

There was no modification. It is the old port. I just copied the Portfile
and the patch file.

Ah, I misunderstood. I didn't actually use the github
version. I just copied the macports Portfile and patch. But I think the
source might be the same anyway. I assumed that macports found the src
from its own resources:

  https://distfiles.macports.org/sunclock/sunclock_3.57.orig.tar.gz

However, I just checked and that file is the file that debian got
from github. So no new porting is required.

> > It compiled, installed and activated and said:
> >
> >   --->  No broken files found.
> >   --->  Found 1 broken port, determining rebuild order
> >   You can always run 'port rev-upgrade' again to fix errors.
> >   The following ports will be rebuilt: llvm-gcc42 @2336.11+universal
>
> Which OS version are you using? (Did you migrate MacPorts / the list
> of desired ports from an earlier OS version?)

On this laptop, it's 10.11.6. I haven't upgraded this laptop from an
earlier system. I must have just had sunclock from elsewhere. I used
to be able to compile an older version myself long ago (on 10.6.8?).
I've probably just copied the binaries around since then.

> This error is harmless for your desire to have that other port
> working, but it could be that we forgot to revbump llvm-gcc42 when
> updating one of its dependencies, so maybe worth fixing in our
> repository. I suspect that not many users ever install that port
> except on super old systems.

The first time I noticed it was when installing imake (for sunclock)
but that was for the version from github. Debian uses it and has imake
so they must use that when building it. The macports source though
doesn't seem to use imake/xmkmf. There is a Makefile.noimake file
in the source so clearly imake isn't really needed.

But yes, I think llvm-gcc42 isn't needed for any of this. I don't
understand how it got pulled in but it doesn't really matter.
It's gone now and everything is fine.

> Mojca

cheers,
raf