Qt Creator - blank/grey screen

Andrew Udvare audvare at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:10:21 UTC 2018

I installed qt5-qtcreator and I can't seem to get it to load properly. It shows a blank grey window but the Preferences dialog works fine. If I load a file, hovering over the grey area makes normal IDE stuff pop up, but I cannot see the text. So it's like the UI is there but it's covered by the grey.

The console output doesn't seem useful:

 $ /Applications/MacPorts/Qt5/Qt\ Creator.app/Contents/MacOS/Qt\ Creator
Model size of -1 is less than 0

Before it complained about QSQLITE missing so I installed qt5-sqlite-plugin and that seemed to fix that issue.

Window with weird hover activity: https://i.imgtc.com/vumavr6.png

Anyone else using Qt Creator? If so, I'd like to know what packages I am missing as it seems maybe the dependencies are not fully there in the Portfile?

--
Andrew Udvare