uninstall residues (MacPorts others) in Launcher

Christoph Kukulies kuku at kukulies.org
Fri Dec 21 09:43:07 UTC 2018

I have had this before. uninstall Gimp left residues which seem to prevent installing Gimp from Gimp.org <http://gimp.org/>.
Recently I built macports Gimp 2.10.8 with quartz, but it turned out that this version had issues. Came up with dark theme, drawing white lines on black background, as simple as mit may sound, seemed to be broken. Anyway, I did another uninstall Gimp but now I have again (or still, can’t even tell)
in my launcher page a directory, named "MacPorts (andere)“ (others), with files "IDLE" and "Python Launcher“ in it.

I mislaid the email in which some kind person from this list already pointed me to the recipe to get totally rid of that, so my plea is: please could someone give me that link again.

Thank you,

Christoph